If you want to have a website and grow your online presence, you need to register your domain name. It is essential to have a domain name; here I will list some importance of having a domain name:
- Your domain name gives you credibility in your business. The fact is that only a few people will want to do business with a company that doesn’t have a domain name.
- If your business has a domain name, it makes it easier for people to remember the name and return to your site anytime.
- A domain name is very helpful to your business if you need sponsors. A domain name helps give your website and brand that feeling of respect.
So now that we have since some of the importance of a domain name let’s go over to listing some domain registrars available.
There are lots of domain registrars available, but I will only list four domain registrars. So let’s read on.
- GoDaddy. GoDaddy is a very popular domain registrar and web host. They have lots of features available including 24/7 live chat customer support. However, their price varies depending on which domain you are registering.
- HostGator. HostGator is also a popular domain registrar and web host. They also have lots of features available. Their prices are low considering the service they offer.
- NameCheap. NameCheap is a great domain registrar; they provide .com domains for $10.69 per year, you also get free web redirection, free domain name parking, free email forwarding, etc.
- 1&1 Internet. Although 1$1 Internet is primarily a web host, they also offer domain registration. Just like other registrars, they charge differently for different domain suffixes.
So now let’s conclude this article by discussing on how to register your domain name.
- Think of a few domain names that you would like to use. The truth is that one domain name won’t do, you need to have like three to four different domain names because there is every probability that three out of the four domain names are already taken.
- You need a Credit Card or PayPal to pay for the domain
- If you don’t have a web host, you should allow the domain registrar to park your domain name at a temporary website.
- If you have a web host, you should get the names of their primary and secondary name servers. Save the information you’ve obtained somewhere because you will need that information to point your domain name to your website.
Here you can see more articles about Domain Name Extensions Click